Friday, July 31, 2009

My Rollercoaster


My head is better for the moment, yay, but it’ll be another day before I’m feeling like myself again. I made it through the physical side effects of the meds, the every joint in my body aches and I can barely move stage. Now I just have the psychological part to weather. You see, as the meds work their way out of my system, they make my mood bounce all over the place at the drop of a hat. Today was no exception.

I started out mellow and calm. I finally had a decent night’s sleep and all was well. That is until I heard a song on the radio which made me extremely sad. A Meatloaf song so yeah, definitely the meds at work. Had to wait in the car for a moment for the sniffles to stop.

Next, I had someone who doesn’t have a clue make a suggestion to me on something that is in no way any of her concern. Instead of blowing it off as I usually do I got unreasonably angry. That was followed by a silly little thing that I’d usually chuckle about making me ridiculously annoyed.

Adding to the circle, I was overly worried about a friend for no valid reason. The timing of something was slightly off and I had to fight not to panic. Then, due to a very minor nothing not even worth a passing thought, I felt like an overwhelming disappointment who didn’t deserve to live.

The day ended with depression that I’d once again lost days of my life, euphoria that I didn’t hurt, and resentment that the meds have me hyper and insane in not my normal, good way. I try to laugh at myself at times like this though it’s a struggle and I often fall short.

I really must say how very much I love my friends who put up with so much on these days. I let them down constantly yet they stick around anyway. Hmm, don’t understand that one at all. Damn, now I’m crying again. But give me two minutes and I’ll remember a joke I heard recently and be laughing like a lunatic.

Yeah, migraines, even after they stop hurting, are just no fun.

1 comment:

Sandra Cox said...

Hope you're feeling better. How's the newest addition?