Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Three Hour Tour

Just kidding. No boats involved here. No more island, remember?

But I did go to the old homestead the other day. I made a collage of all my book covers and had one to drop off with my mom. You know my mom? The woman who cringes at the mere thought of me. Yes, I knew she'd just adore an oversized picture of all things abhorred.

While I was there I discovered that the field next door is back to being a cornfield. A cornfield. Yeesh, I could feel the creepy seeping out of it and no, I will not be returning until winter, long after the harvest is in and the stalks removed. Look how close the field is to the house.

My room is the one on the back left corner. One window overlooking the corn, one overlooking the corn and at the porch roof. Okay so I know the Things that Dwelled Within the Corn didn't really need the roof to climb up to my window. They could easily get to me without it had they chosen to but still, the idea of it made it that much worse.

Here's the wall I thought to repoint with my dad's wood chisels when I was a kid.Walking away from the house you'll see what replace the island. Nice, but not my island. Yep, can you tell? Still an issue.

I thought, since I was there anyway, I'd theft some blueberries. Want some?

2 comments:

Anny Cook said...

Oooooh, I love fresh blueberries right off the bush!

Sandra Cox said...

That picture of the blueberries is awesome. That would make a great wall pic.
Happy Friday!