Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sad

Someone I work with had a horrific motorcycle accident over the weekend. He was declared brain dead.

A week ago we were joking around about the questions my writing raised to him. A week ago he was so cute, proudly showing us all his brand new diploma. He’d just put in a tremendous amount of work and earned his masters. A week ago he was full of enthusiasm for the new stage he’d started.

Besides working where I do, he had a full life. A family. A new home. A business that tapped into his artistic creativity. You know what I mean. A LIFE and everything that goes with it.

Something like this makes you realize how unexpected life can be sometimes. It’s precious. Please. Be sure that those who are important to you know it. Live every day to its fullest. No regrets.

Yes, this has shown me its past time to do some serious thinking and make the hard decisions I’ve been putting off.

4 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

Life is fragile. Live every day to the fullest, and tell loved ones 'I love you'.

Anny Cook said...

We've lot family and friends in sudden accidents. It's always a wake-up call when that happens.

Regina Carlysle said...

This is so so sad. We have to grab life and use every moment.

Sommer Marsden said...

oh, i'm so sorry. thinking of you. take care of yourself and i'll hold good thoughts for hte family during their loss.
xoxo
s