Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Exception


A little bit ago I went on a rant about those emails that request you send them on. Well I got this one today and here I am, sending it on to all of you. Read it and you'll understand why.

To Maintain A Healthy Level Of Insanity

1. At lunchtime, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.

2. Page yourself over the intercom. Don't disguise your voice!

3. Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.

4. Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has gotten over their caffeine addictions, switch to espresso.

5. In the memo field of all your checks, write 'For Marijuana'.

6. Finish all your sentences with 'In accordance with the Prophecy'.

7. Skip down the hall rather than walk and see how many looks you get.

8. Order a diet water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.

9. Specify that your drive-through order is “To Go”.

10. Sing along at the opera.

11. Put mosquito netting around your work area and play tropical sounds all day.

12. Five days in advance, tell your friends you can't attend their party because you have a headache.

13. When the money comes out the ATM, scream “I Won! I Won!”

14. When leaving the zoo, start running towards the parking lot, yelling “Run for your lives! They're loose!"

15. Tell your children over dinner, “Due to the economy, we are going to have to let one of you go.”

16. And the final way to keep a healthy level of insanity is to - Send this email to someone to make them smile. It is Called ... THERAPY

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have had this before - it always without fail makes me laugh - thanks

Regina Carlysle said...

Oh. That's so funny. I love number FOUR.

Molly Daniels said...

I love the zoo one AND telling the kids 'we have to let one of you go'. Think I'll pull this when K gets his acceptance to college!

Phoenix said...

I think this circulated to me about three times and I love it. I always laugh. Thanks.

Anny Cook said...

And I smiled. Thank you!

Unknown said...

LOL. I have done at least four of those things before. And people never know what to do when you act like that. It's great!

I also like to walk up to strangers in the mall and act like we know each other. It's so funny to watch them struggle that they can't remember your name. LOL. *Sigh Good times.

Thanks for the laugh Barb.

XoXoXo
Dakota Rebel