Saturday, September 27, 2008

Writer Day



I'd say "Shh, writer at work" only that's not how I do things. I need background commotion.

Sometimes it's movies or TV shows. Not current ones. They have to be specific ones of my characters choosing.

Disney musicals for Beyond Meddling. MacGyver and Due South for Linked.

Sometimes it's music. My Last Dark Day was non-stop blues, mostly Cedell Davis.

My current WIP, which I AM FINISHING TODAY started out with Warren Zevon. Loud. Really, really, really loud with the porch door open all day much to the dismay of my neighbors. But I limit myself to daylight hours unlike them so they really shouldn't complain or I'm going to start complaining too. Now, however, for this last little bit it seems they want some Jimmy Buffett. Okay, I can deal with that. Neighbors will probably welcome the change.

Yep, finishing this up THIS AFTERNOON. Reading over it tonight then submitting so tomorrow when it rains again I can lounge around with the boys and watch old movies or something. I was going to clean but then I had a discussion with Regina Carlysle who's been having some work done on her house. Due to whatever they're doing to her ceilings she can now make snow angels on her floors. Pretty! I'm jealous so I'm doing an experiment to see how long it takes to be able to do that without the workmen doing the ceiling stuff. Gotcha! Just kidding! Or am I?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I either need silence so I wear my ear plugs a lot when I write, or I need only my music, and then I wear my headphones to block out other sound.

Congrats on finishing your book today.

Molly Daniels said...

Yay on finishing!

The last wip I finished, Bon Jovi was running non-stop.

Anny Cook said...

Congrats on finishing your wip. Excellent! Mostly, I like it quiet, but when I get rolling I can write through almost anything.

Unknown said...

I love Jimmy...he goes with anything.

'Glad you are FINISHING TODAY. Save me badgering you any further

Sandra Cox said...

YAY on finishing the wip today. Way to go, catwoman!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I so couldn't do that! But congrats on coming to the end with commotion and all.

Regina Carlysle said...

Ahh. There's much to be said for snow angels but personally, I prefer the actual SNOW, lol.