Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I Was Bad


When I was growing up there was at one point a hair place in the nearby town that had a phone number very close to ours. We often got calls meant for them. My parents, nice people that they were, would take the time to explain to the caller that they had reached the wrong number and to try again.

Me? What do you think? Of course I couldn’t do that. Nope. Instead, I set up appointments. Sometimes I’d make them for when the callers requested. Sometimes I’d make them for times that were close. Sometimes, if I were feeling grumpy, I’d make them wait.

Actually, I was very proficient at it. I never double booked anyone. Well, not on my schedule anyway. I can’t speak for the schedule at the hair place. Heck, I didn’t even know their hours.

As you might guess, this was another of those occasions when my father merely shook his head and sighed. He did not, however, prevent me from continuing to make future appointments. Hm, perhaps this one amused him too.

7 comments:

J.J. Hebert said...

Haha. For some reason I see Bart Simpson doing something like that!

anny cook said...

You were a piece of cake, weren't you?

Unknown said...

You are a deeply complex woman and you fascinate me on a daily basis

Sandra Cox said...

You're bad!....but funny:)

Molly Daniels said...

My hubby did the same thing when his old number and the pizza place were similar!

Regina Carlysle said...

You are baaaaaaad. I love it. LOL

Anonymous said...

Very funny!