Saturday, September 6, 2008

Pretty!



Look what I got yesterday! Isn't it incredible? I described a scene to the cover gurus and they duplicated it perfectly.

Drake's Rules doesn't release until sometime next spring so I haven't even started on the blurb yet. Truthfully I'm avoiding it. I really, really hate writing those things. They are second only to summaries. What I will tell you now though is that this book is so darn sweet you won't believe it. There's a little girl in this story, Christy, who is going to steal your heart. And yes, there is still a very yummy romance mixed in with all that sweetness.

In other writing news, are you ready for this because I still can't quite believe it, I was offered a contract for Linked! What's that? Well, Linked is a very dark, very twisted, extremely violent horror story with a hot and heavy romance woven throughout. I submitted it with tremendous reservations because it is seriously off and I thought there was no way it would ever be accepted. I'm not kidding here. I wrote it and even I have to wonder. So I have the offer and I'm thrilled but I don't think it'll sink in completely until after I receive my confirmation back from the main office.

I know what you're thinking. One extreme to the other, right? Yes, that's true but isn't that life?



6 comments:

Unknown said...

You rock it hard sweetie! Congrats on the acceptance and the BEAUTIFUL new cover.

There has been lots of good cover karma lately. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed for my next one.

XoXoXo
Dakota Rebel

Anny Cook said...

Congrats on both the contract and the cover!

Unknown said...

I love this cover.

I told you so about Linked

And I love extremes.

Well done

Regina Carlysle said...

I'm so happy about LINKED and now I'm excited to see what kind of cover your spooky/sexy story gets. This new one is gorgeous. Love it.

J.J. Hebert said...

Congrats, congrats, CONGRATS!!!!

Molly Daniels said...

Yay for you! I agree with D...you ROCK!

Love the cover:)