Friday, September 26, 2008

Peaceful


As you may know, Mouse and I tend to get up at odd hours and wander around the house. This morning it was 3 AM. After he ate, we went out on the porch. We didn’t stay long because it was too cool for my arthritic old man kitty but I actually like the city at those moments.

It was raining so the usual night noises makers weren’t out. With it being misty, everything had a much softer look. Nicer that way as most cities are.

We sat for a little while, me and my Mouse, me petting him, him purring at me, watching the city, pondering the meaning of life, wondering what the day would hold, each of us lost in our thoughts. I know my day ended up not being how I wished it might have been but realistically, I knew it wouldn’t before it even started. I can’t speak for Mouse.

When he tried to snuggle closer even though I was already holding him, I knew it was time to go inside. Since it was so early we did go back to bed for a few hours. Nothing better than listening to the rain with a purry kitty sharing your pillow.

And the best thing? It’s going to rain all weekend so I know we’ll be doing a lot of extra snuggling over the next few days. Good thing because I have a project to finish up. It’ll be nice to have some company while I’m working on it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"Nothing better than listening to the rain with a purry kitty sharing your pillow." Hmmm...comment or not? I think not.

Anonymous said...

I feel cozy just thinking about it. Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend ahead.

Sandra Cox said...

I agree with listening to the raining and the purr of your cat while snuggled up in bed. And isn't it interesting we both wrote about being on our porch, the rain and our cats. woo-woo.

Bronwyn Green said...

I love purring kitties and falling rain - one of the best things ever.