Saturday, April 11, 2009

Big Mistake


I made a huge error in judgment last night. I watched Marley and Me. Oh my God, what a mistake! As a rule, I don’t read movie reviews. I prefer to form my own opinion. Well, in this case, I think perhaps I should have so I had some inkling of what was coming.

You see, I thought, due to the previews that this was a funny movie. Wrong! I started sniffling near the beginning and ended up full on sobbing to the extent that I actually had to turn up the volume in order to hear it. I was crying so hard I couldn’t see.

I should have turned it off but I didn’t. I kept hoping they’d somehow make it all okay but no, they didn’t. There’s no way to make that sort of thing okay. Sure, they tried to instill a bit of a lesson at the very end but it didn’t work. Not for me anyway. What they said was good but it’s something I already knew so it didn’t soften things one bit.

It was very well done so I’m not saying don’t watch it. Just if you do, be prepared. And maybe it would be better not to watch it alone.

In the news –

Punxatawny Phil, the groundhog, is trying to escape. Um, can you blame him? When not being yanked out to look for his shadow, he lives in an artificial habitat within the Punxatawny library. Over the last two weeks, he’s gotten into the ceiling three times and crawled around until falling through into the library offices. Personally, I think he’s figured out a clever payback. Imagine sitting at your desk and having a groundhog suddenly fall from the ceiling. Go Phil!

3 comments:

Regina Carlysle said...

Ohhhh Noooo. A tear-jerker? I had no idea. The clips were all so funny and cute. I take it there's an Old Yeller moment?

Unknown said...

I am prepared to start up a fund for any escape plan for Phil. Isn't he supposed to be a wild, native animal free to do whatever the hell he wants?

And movies that make you cry...should be outlawed...poor, poor and what the heck I'll add a third one - poor Barb

Unknown said...

I haven't watched Marley and Me, either, but I thought it would be a comedy. I usually don't feel like sobbing and I do so easily, so thanks for the heads up.

As per Phil, sounds like the ferret that got loose in the Hannah Montana movie or in Ray Stevens song about the Mississippi squirrel - that would be hilarious.