Saturday, April 4, 2009

Yes, Yes, Yes

I read a knife catalog the other day. No, not kitchen knives. Real knives. Oh, wait. Perhaps I should back up and mention that I’ve always had a certain fascination with knives. But I don’t have any. Well, a variety of Swiss Army knives of differing sizes and an army issue knife from Vietnam given to me by a friend who was there and used it. Oh and my sword of course but it’s ceremonial so it doesn’t really count. Nor does the machete I use in the yard.

There? You see I don’t really have any knives to speak of. But, reading this catalog, I sure found a bunch I covet. Good thing I have a modicum of self-discipline at the moment or I’d be ordering all sorts of cool stuff.

For instance, I’d love to have a walking stick with a sword hidden inside. Nope, no practical purpose whatsoever, I just want one. Then there are the necklaces with knives hidden inside. Some are attached and pop out, some are detachable. And they’re pretty too. Had to turn the page as they were becoming far too tempting. Only when I did, I came across assorted throwing knives and dagger sets. With sheaths included!

Ooh, don’t get me started on the combat knives. Every size and shape imaginable, with and without guthooks, and most of them are black. I don’t know what it is about black knives but oh my God I have to have them. With the push daggers and tactical tomahawks. Naturally. I mean, really. You have one, you absolutely have to have them all, right? Right? Right. And there’s even a matching grappling hook and spear. Mm, yeah. Sigh. Someday…

Oops, I think I better go throw the catalog away before my willpower vanishes because I’m very close to caving here. Have a good weekend.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Knives huh? Why doesn't that surprise me....and yet you constantly stop my in my tracks with the things you say

Regina Carlysle said...

You should check out the Knife Show sometime. They have those things stabbed into big logs. They have names like Rambo and The Terminator.

anny cook said...

Ahhhhh, a woman after my own heart. Excellent. I really want a set of throwing knives though goodness knows where I would practice.

Anonymous said...

What is it about knives? I've got a thing about them too. Everyone man in northern MN carries a knife for hunting or well, you never know. I had a knife that my ex had given me, nothing special.
But, when I was on the Army base I bought my son a silver/black camo Smith and Wesson knife. It's very sweet. Of course, he had to leave it behind and I've taken to carrying it in my purse. You just never know. Hey, I cut hay bails, and well, in MN they always come in handy.
You do surprise me daily, B. I love it.