Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy Birthday!


I have a weakness for cards. Try as I might, I can’t ever seem to stop at the one I walked into the store intending to buy. I get sidetracked and end up looking at ones I know will never suit the individual I set out to purchase a card for.

This is an ongoing problem for me. I always manage to find the perfect birthday card for someone whose birthday was the month before. I suppose I could get the card, tuck it away and attempt to remember I have it next year when their birthday rolls around again. Mm, I know. Not real likely that’ll happen. Besides, next year it may no longer be the best choice.

Years ago, I came up with a solution. Unfortunately, no one saw it quite as I did. What did I do? Sent out birthday cards when I found them regardless of when the actual birthday was. Confused the hell out of some people. Actually, it was kind of fun to watch when they couldn’t decide if they should point out that it’s no where near their birthday or not.

But I ask you, what’s so awful about sending a birthday card to let someone know you thought about them? Some are too damn funny to ignore and, if I know it’ll make a friend chuckle, then why not send it?

Life’s too short. Find enjoyment in the little things.

For instance, today’s radio announcements –

Police were called to a park in Detroit to break up a fight. A pillow fight that is. The people were released with their pillowcases but not their pillows. Apparently you need a license to carry any concealed weapon.

And last but not least, there was a study done. 11:45 A.M. Tuesday is the most stressful moment at work. I must be unusual. My 11:45 today was about as unspectacular as they come.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

"Sent out birthday cards when I found them regardless of when the actual birthday was"....well of coures you would

Sandra Cox said...

I love it! Send them out:)

Molly Daniels said...

Good for you! Keep 'em on their toes:)

Regina Carlysle said...

You could certainly do that. It's actually a fine idea.

Amber Skyze said...

What a crazy wonderful idea! I can never buy just one card for the birthday person. I always get at least 2...sometimes 3

Anny Cook said...

I would LOVE a birthday card at some strange moment. Excellent idea.