Thursday, April 16, 2009

One of Those Days


It’s entirely too bright out there today. So bright it hurts my eyes. Or maybe the intensity of the sun is due to the thirty-five degree jump in temperature that’s making my head wonky. Yep, mid-April and it’s started already. This summer might be the one that finally kills me.

Have you ever attempted to extract a miniscule splinter from the outside of your own foot? Let me tell you, it’s damned near impossible. Maybe, at some point in my very early life I was bendy enough to do so but not anymore. I was so desperate that I tried to convince Harry to use his dagger-sharp claws to dig it out for me since he was poking at it anyway. As if I didn’t have enough trouble seeing it to begin with. Damn cat wouldn’t. Of course, if he had, I’d probably have huge gouges missing from my foot now and still have the splinter. In the end, my solution was to numb it so I can’t tell it’s there. I figure it’ll work its way out on its own eventually. Either that or my foot will turn gangrenous and need to be cut off, something I can manage myself.

But today wasn’t totally awful. I entertained myself by playing Christmas tunes all day. Yeah, that part amused me, especially when it was obvious someone had noticed and couldn’t decide if they should ask or not.

Hey, it’s the little things…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

B,

You crack me up! Bendy enough, I love it. One of our heroines would definitely be 'bendy enough'!

You could always ask a neighbor! lol

Wouldn't that be a conversations starter?

Hugs,
TT

Molly Daniels said...

I used to play the Amy Grant Christmas Album all year round:) Specifically, Emmanuel and O Little Town. Very catchy tunes!

Anny Cook said...

Um, I play the Josh Groban Christmas album all year. Love it.

And I'm definitely not bendy enough.