Friday, April 24, 2009

Please Stand


Why? Because, according to the article I read this week, it’s good for you. Just stand up. It’s as simple as that. Apparently there’s been some research done and they found that standing not only burns twice as many calories as sitting it also helps increase good cholesterol as well as stimulates the enzymes that metabolize fat.

Okay, easy enough. However, since I’m at times alone in the office, I took it one step further. Instead of merely standing, I switched on some tunes and had karaoke hour while everyone else went to lunch.

I had a good week, doing that without anyone walking in though I’m sure my luck won’t hold. I’m happy to report that in addition for being physically good for me it also improved my mood overall because afterwards I spent each afternoon laughing at myself. Still, I think it best to hang onto the article for when I do get interrupted. I’ll show it to them, hopefully proving that I’m not completely insane.

Happy Friday everyone.

2 comments:

Anny Cook said...

Excellent! I'll try that!

Molly Daniels said...

My karaoke moments come when I'm alone in the car:)

I'm going to be on my feet a lot this weekend, with two extra kids in the house and the teens gone.