Saturday, November 28, 2009

Catching Up


Hmm, let’s see what you’ve missed.

Went to visit my great aunt Friday. She’s back in her own place and very happy to be there. Doing well and as amazing as ever. We had a nice lunch and got everything she needed sorted out. On the downside, I went with the rest of my family. Um, yeah. Nuff said, right?

The girls are home for the holiday. I stopped in to say hi to them. I like doing that because I can always count on them to leave me smiling. It’s rumored there may be some cookie baking going on while they’re home. I may have to swing by again and check.

Last week there was a major fire in the city. The building that burned was an old factory, currently empty, where I worked for about 15 years. It took every firefighter in the city with all the apparatus there is to contain it. I was there, taking pictures a full day later when it flared up again. And the mayor’s plan still includes cutting a third of that department. Makes you wonder, doesn’t it? Anyway, it made me feel a bit melancholy wandering around. I have some good memories from that place of the various people I met there. I have stories, lots of them, some I could share, some I’ll never tell anyone. Yes, it was just the building that burned and one I left behind years ago but it still makes me sad.

3 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

Fires are always upsetting aren't they.
Congrats on your new release:)

Regina Carlysle said...

Just shows that things never stay the same, huh? Just talked with an old friend from back home who said my grandma and grandpas old house is now gone. It made me sad. No it wasn't the Taj Mahal but I have so many memories of it.

Anny Cook said...

Yep. That fire wiped things out.