Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Oooookeee

I was at work today and answered the phone as I always do, generally with the wrong greeting for the time of day it actually is. Yeah, I can’t seem to be bothered with that detail. Just not all that important to me to get it right and say good morning in the morning and good afternoon in the afternoon. I get the company name correct and that, to me, is enough. Besides, it tends to throw people off and I like that.

Anyway, I said good afternoon at a little after ten this morning and this man asks who I was. Not unusual so I told him. He then asks me to guess who he is and identified himself as the one who makes me laugh. Um, no, not out of the realm of possibilities on any given day either. But the next question had me suspicious. He wanted to know what shoes I was wearing. Hmm, okay. I asked who he needed to speak to. His response was to tell me to take my shoes off. They were already off but I hung up instead of revealing that to him.

I’ve had prank calls before but I must admit that this one was a first for me. I never had a foot fetish call before. After I stopped laughing I got to thinking. It’s really a little sad that the best thing he has to do on a Wednesday morning is make random calls and chat with women about their feet. What kind of person does that? And guys, do you really get a thrill out of making such calls to someone you don’t know?

3 comments:

Sandra said...

sounds creepy !!

Sandra Cox said...

Never understood the foot fetish thing.

Anny Cook said...

Interesting. He could have asked you to remove something else. Shoes seems kinda lame...