Thursday, November 19, 2009

Saga Number Three


Do you have any idea how hard I’m struggling not to toss the purrs in Howie and just leave? I swear I’m so close to doing that at the moment I can taste it.

I went to the basement for something this morning only to discover that the drain was just starting to back up. I suppose I should be grateful that I caught it before there was a mess but I’m not feeling it just now.

I mentioned it at work and was instructed to call the city. Drains blocked at the street are their problem and they come deal with it. It only took three calls to get a real live person. Sounds easy, right? Yeah. I knew it wouldn’t be.

I came home to find a notice tacked to the door. They were there but they couldn’t do anything about it, call a plumber. Sigh. I did. Not like I have a hell of a lot of choice, do I? There’s a whole bunch of emergency plumbers listed. I called the one that said they’d respond within the hour. Un huh. Right. Like that really happened.

Seriously ready to walk…

Oh by the way, my phone's not functioning today either.

3 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

(((HUGZ))))

Regina Carlysle said...

Well crap! Did you ever see the movie "The Money Pit". Sometimes home ownership can feel like that. It's always something, isn't it?

Anny Cook said...

Yep. Been there. It's the pits.