Friday, November 6, 2009

Random Thoughts


I want lemon sponge in a cup. My great aunt has a yummy recipe that she shared with me. I’ve made it. She said it turned out as good as hers but I don’t think so. Hers is much better. I think that has something to do with her making it. I really don’t want to be a little kid again for real but I wouldn’t mind going back in time for a day just to have that. Hmm, while I’m there I’d like to have some of her candied nuts that she used to make at Christmas. And my grandmother’s slicker pie that she always made out of leftover pastry when she was making something else and let me mix together with my fingers. That was fun!

Strawberries are the only fruit with seeds on the outside. Do you think that was on purpose?

I saw a really cool pair of high top sneakers in a magazine. You know. The plain canvas ones like they had when I was a kid. Not the fancy ones like are out there now. Only now the old-fashioned ones cost $62.00. But they’re cute so they’d be worth having. I wish I knew someone with money who likes me. Maybe I could take up a collection from all the people who are annoyed by my multicolored Crocs and buy myself some. Or maybe not since I want the pair that’s four shades of blue mixed together like they sewed them together wrong. I don’t think I’ll mention that. I’ll show them the picture of the bland white ones instead.

Why does my choice of footwear bother some people? I don’t get it. I’m always well-behaved and wear a matched pair. I’ve often been tempted to wear two different colors. Maybe I will just to see how much additional annoyance that causes. They’d probably think I lost my mind, that it wasn’t intentional, and not say a word. Yeah, I might have to test that one.

My squirrels are fat and sassy these days. I think they’ve been eating everything lately instead of stocking up for winter. They seem to have things backwards since they spent the summer burying the nuts I put out. I had someone call me from a block away to tell me she found almonds in her flower pot. Silly squirrels.

I think I’m going out for dinner tonight. I’m not really sure. I was talking to a friend at lunch and it was mentioned and I may have agreed to it but I’m not positive. I can either call and ask which will cause all sorts of amusement or just hang out for a half hour and see if she shows up. Yeah, I think I’ll go with that. Maybe I’ll go change one of my shoes while I wait. She’s one who’d just laugh and shake her head at me. If she doesn’t appear I might wander over to the Pike and see what tonight’s specials are. They always have something yummy. Maybe I’ll call first. It makes Cory the bartender laugh when I call and ask him what’s for dinner. The Phillies lost so it shouldn’t be too packed at this time of night. Sounds like a plan. See ya.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can so see you in two different colored shoes, my dear! lol

Mmmm, dinner sounds fabulous. I'm having popcorn!

;}