Friday, November 20, 2009

Saga Three Continued


I called the one hour plumbers back and was told they could maybe be there in the morning. Um, no thanks. Needed a better response time than that.

I ended up with Roto-Rooter. Oh yeah. Even more costly than you’d expect. But, after an hour of grinding that sounded like the fixit gizmo was eating through the wall my drain is open. I can now move away with a clear conscience.

At least the plumber was a decent, if not bizarre individual. He wasn’t arrogant and he didn’t talk down to me when explaining the process of what he would do to resolve the problem. And, since it was raining by the time he finished testing everything, he took his shoes off when he came back in for payment.

Of course his phone/billing computer didn’t function. Apparently I jam other people’s electronics too, not just my own. It was taking so long he finally flopped on the floor to wait. Which is when Quinn decided he was there just to play with him. Damn cat who not two weeks ago attempted to maim the entire vet staff merely for giving him his yearly shots was the friendliest, most cuddly critter ever. Such a brat! He batted at the proffered pen and the billing machine sans claws like he was a meek little sweetheart kitty. He accepted unlimited petting without once turning feral as is his norm.

The Roto-Rooter man? Well I was beginning to think he’d end up sleeping on my floor, that’s how comfortable he had himself. While he was attempting to record my payment I heard his entire life’s story. Yes, I now know more about him than many of my chosen acquaintances. And here I always thought it was only the Maytag repairman who was lonely.

3 comments:

Anny Cook said...

But he was friendly and the cat liked him!

Molly Daniels said...

Is he single??

Sandra Cox said...

Is that a picture of Quinn? He is absolutely gorgeous. Glad the plumbing is working again!