Monday, November 2, 2009

Out and About


I went for a walk around my neighborhood last weekend. Not really the safest thing to do but that’s never been a real deterrent to me.

I found a path into the middle of the train yard. Good to know in case the guards won’t let me wander around after I explain to them my purpose for wanting to. I’ll have to wear real shoes though if I end up needing to take the path. Crocs are comfy but not real good when it comes to climbing up and down steep embankments.

Around the corner, a block away, right beside the library branch that’s closing is an awning store. I never noticed it before. What I find interesting is I had come across another awning store earlier in the summer while I was seeking murals. Seemed a bit odd, especially once I tell you I know another local family in the awning business.

Reading really isn’t all that big. Upon consideration, I suppose lots of houses do sport awnings but I never thought there was all that much of a demand for them. I was curious so I checked in the phone book. There are twenty-five awning companies listed. Imagine that. Really, seems like overkill to me but who knows? Perhaps it’s a booming business. Maybe I should learn to thread the sewing machine so I can get in on it. Hmm, no maybe not. I really think be better if I stick to meandering and looking at them instead. Trust me, you don’t want to see anything that I attempted to sew.

Have anything unusual in your neighborhood?

No comments: