Tuesday, October 14, 2008

How Does It Work?


I’ve read many articles that claim we all have latent psychic abilities. What they fail to explain is how to develop them. In intricate detail, I mean, so I actually stand a chance of doing so.

I have no interest in reading anyone’s mind although there are times when that might not be such a bad talent to possess. No, what I’m more interested in is having the capability to move things. Or make things pop, say tires for instance. Not while in motion. I don’t want to hurt anyone. I just want to be a nuisance. Hm, perhaps not pop all the time. Perhaps develop a slow leak at times instead would be more frustrating to the individual I have in mind.

This brings up a question. I know if I were to physically go and let half the air out of a tire it would most definitely be construed as vandalism. If I could manage to do it by mental telepathy from halfway across town is it still? How about if I don’t know if it actually happened or not? I can’t be held responsible if it’s just wishful thinking that worked, right?

It’s not like anyone would ever be able to prove it was me. Even if I had the ability to do this I’d certainly keep it to myself. In case you’re wondering, I don’t. Not yet anyway. I have spent some time on my front steps, picturing tires in the parking lot across the street going down but nothing so far. Or not enough for me to see any difference. I figure that might be easier to start with than making one over-inflate enough to pop.

Maybe I have to start with something smaller, like a bicycle tire. And that I could do in my living room. Yes, that’s probably a better idea that sitting outside, staring blankly all the time.

If anyone has an owner’s manual on this I’d sure appreciate if I could borrow it.

4 comments:

Regina Carlysle said...

This sounds like something you should practice at. I've always thought voodoo dolls were very interesting. I'm not all that far from Louisianna. I'd sure like to get one or ten of those.

anny cook said...

You might want to start with a balloon first. That would be even easier than a bicycle tire.

Baby steps...

Unknown said...

Hmmm, you have certainly given this some thought and I know where your thoughts are headed and my offer still stands.

Anonymous said...

Maybe start with a toy car tire. Deep breaths.