Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Big Day Out


Warning: If you're overly excitable you may not want to read today's blog. It could be too much for you.

Today I went to BJ's. I meant to get just a few items. I know exactly where they are and had no intention of shopping. I wasn't even going to look at anything on the way by. I had other things to do and didn't really have time to meander.

My first stop was outside. Gas is down to $3.02 here. I guess that's something good to be said about the upcoming election.

Inside next for catfood and paper staples. I was on my way to the check out when I had to pass the clothing section. Big mistake! It's fall. Do you know what that means? I don't think you do so perhaps I should tell you. Here goes...

Writer PJ's! You may not know this but BJ's has an excellent selection this time of year. And this season's come with matching booties! I snagged two new pair, for inspiration of course. Dark blue with the cutest frogs and lavendar with yellow ducks. I considered the pink with black and white cats but I was afraid they'd clash with my pink boa.

Since my schedule was blown anyway I picked out some funky socks too. Hey, I heard the northeast is supposed to have a colder than average winter so I figure I'll need them. While I was at it I decided to be nice to my office mate so I went and found her some jelly belly's. I don't particularly like them so I got dark chocolate covered cranberries for me. A strictly healthy snack of course. Cranberrries are very good for you. So is dark chocolate with all its antioxidants. Yep, that's my story and I'm sticking too it. Forget that they are just plain yummy.

I finally made it to the check out area. I still go to the real live person. I've tried the self-check outs. Things always go wrong and I generally end up needing three people to fix it. It's just not worth the aggravation so I don't even bother anymore. Anyway, I was sharing my excitement of the PJ's having booties this year with the cashier and she just didn't seem nearly as thrilled as I was. Perhaps she'd already heard about it too many times today. I don't know but either way she didn't appear unhappy to hand over my receipt.

I know, easily entertained, aren't I? But really, is that such a bad thing? Whew, now I'm tired. Better go lounge on the porch and watch the leaves change color with the boys. I know you're all off to your local BJ's now to pick up some new writer PJ's too.

5 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

Send me the pink ones with the black cats:)

Gas is $2.98 here:) And met a guy today selling Healthy Chocolate:)

anny cook said...

Well, poo! Sam's doesn't have PJ's...

Unknown said...

Booties? Seriously? Writer pjs are a must but booties....oh no, that's just wrong. Where are you going to wear them? On your feeties?

Sandra Cox said...

Wow, my kinda shopping spree. Can't believe you passed up the cat jammies:)

Regina Carlysle said...

I always get in trouble at places like that. We don't have a BJ's but I loooove writer jammies..especially the kind with cutie stuff like little pigs or coffee cups. Don't do booties but I do have a pair of slip in houseshoes that look like ladybugs. Very classy.