Thursday, October 9, 2008

What?


Hope as well with you and your family. I live in Bernie, Missouri and we had bad flooding.My home got wet.
I had an autograph of you and it was ruined. May, I please have a autograph of you inscribed to me?
Bless you and your family.Love Deal of a Lifetime.

Steve Creg
Box 758
Bernie, Mo. 63822 usa

The above is an email I received yesterday. Imagine my surprise considering I have never given an autograph in my entire life unless you count my high school yearbook. Nope, no Steve Creg in my class so in this case that doesn't count. Even if it did, my signature would be the last thing anyone would want to replace.

Color me skeptical and I apologize to good old Steve but I simply don't believe he's legit. Oh there is a Bernie, Mo. and it did flood at some point. Look. I even found a picture to post here, probably the same one he did just in case I happened to check his story. Not that I wouldn't take him at face value. No, I'm sure Steve is a straight up kind of fellow.

I'm a little short of cash this week or I'd send him a donation, just to help him get back on his feet again. Oh wait, he'd probably just send it right back to me anyway, don't you think so? Better yet, perhaps I should just include my credit card with the autograph he's asked for and instruct him to only purchase the essentials that he absolutely has to have to get his household up and running again. Yes, I'm certain Steve would return it, with only a few small charges on it. Don't you agree?

3 comments:

Regina Carlysle said...

Hm. I'm learning fast that there are all sorts of little scams out there.

Unknown said...

Yeah - put my name down to provide this truly honest and genuine person my credit card details as well. Not like he would lie

Ree said...

This guy actually messaged me that he was a disabled veteran and loved his country and would I please send him an autographed photo of myself. I found your post when I was looking him up. What is wrong with people???