Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It Snowed


Not right where I live but in Pennsylvania. I heard on the radio this morning that the Poconos, the little mountains in eastern PA had a foot of snow. That’s about an hour away from me. It won’t last though. It’s just a tease because it’s supposed to warm up again over the weekend.

It’s rare that it snows this early around here these days. It used to back when I was a kid. Sound old now, don’t I? Maybe the weather forecasters will be right for a change. They’ve predicted that the northeast will have an unseasonably cold winter. Perhaps they should call it a traditional one instead. People might not get so grouchy when they hear it then.

Personally I like winter. I like having four distinct seasons. If I didn’t, I’d move. As it is I’m seriously considering heading north. Yes, that’s correct, I said north. It’s not a typo. I really do mean north. I honestly do like cold weather and it’s been so mild I haven’t owned a winter coat for the last two years. Hm, if this week truly is a preview of what’s to come I may have to break down and get one.

5 comments:

J.J. Hebert said...

I hate snow, and yes, I should move.

Unknown said...

Snow is just wrong and it should be outlawed along with any cold weather

Regina Carlysle said...

I like having four seasons but in Texas, we usually run on two speeds, very hot and slightly cold. There's not much in between. Get that coat and move to the place you dream of.

Anonymous said...

Saw on the news that lower west PA was possibly in for 20 inches today and tomorrow. Stay warm.

Molly Daniels said...

Yeah, I saw that too and thought of you, Barb:)

Thankfully, we're back into the 60's again!