Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Magic?


I found a 1937 Indian head nickel today. It was in a spot I look frequently. One moment it wasn’t there, the next it was.

There was no one else around at the time which is how I know it got there all on its own. This is also how I know that it is meant for me. I’m sure there is something incredibly significant about this magical nickel. I can’t wait to discover what it is.

I haven’t figured out how it works yet. I don’t know if it’s the sort of talisman you rub or merely wish on. For now I’m holding it close and brining it with me wherever I go. It seems to like that idea, staying with me.

Perhaps it’s something I’m just supposed to hold onto for now. Maybe its importance will make itself known at a later date. I really don’t know. It’s old and very worn and I like it. Maybe that’s the true magic of this nickel. It makes me smile just having it in my possession. And, since it clearly picked me, I think I’ll keep it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah - I want to believe it's magic. You deserve it after everything

Molly Daniels said...

Good for you!

Regina Carlysle said...

Ooooh I love me some magic. Lucky lucky YOU. Keep wishing and hold onto it.