Thursday, October 9, 2008

Up To Me


Now that Neeley’s back in school full time she lives on campus again. To me, that means very limited vicarious exercise opportunities. So, believe it or not, I’ve actually been doing some real exercising lately.

Wait, don’t panic. I don’t mean I’ve joined a gym or done anything that drastic. I haven’t gone to that extreme yet. Baby steps. What I am doing is picking up the pace on my biweekly treks to the post office for work. Not that I ever lollygaged to begin with but now I’m walking as if I’m on a mission.

And while I’m standing in line, and there’s always a line with a 10 to 15 minute wait, I do toe lifts. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow. If I happen to be wearing my crocs I can slip my feet halfway out of them so they’re even more beneficial.

I can picture the expressions on your faces now. Before you start wondering about my sanity I should add that it before I started doing my little line exercises every crazy in the post office wanted to speak with me. It was to the point where the window personnel would tease me about it. Now, they steer clear of me. See? An excellent secondary purpose that I discovered purely by accident.

The only drawback is that I can’t carry my cell phone while working so unfortunately Neeley is missing out on vicariously exercising with me. It doesn’t seem to work telepathically. You have to actually be speaking with the individual who’s exercising to share in the results.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Before you start wondering about my sanity"....as if we would do that with someone so completely rational like you

Regina Carlysle said...

That's one way to keep the crazies at bay!!!