Monday, October 20, 2008

Last Night


When I went to bed, I had half. My spot, the middle. It was chilly when I crawled in so I had the down comforter tucked up to my chin.

Bixby was in his normal place to the right of my feet, keeping them warm as he generally does. Isn’t he a sweetie!

Now that it’s cool, Quinn’s decided he’ll come to bed too. After the first two tries he’s figured out that he’s supposed to sleep, not pounce on anything that moves throughout the night. He’s claimed the spot to the left of my feet.

Mouse, as usual, was sharing my pillow, tucked in the covers next to me and Harry was roaming as Harry does. He stops by to say hi during the night but he’s the busiest little cat I’ve ever met. I think he’s on patrol, protecting his domain. Perhaps I need one of those signs, “Attack Cat on Duty”.

When I woke up this morning I still had half of the bed. Only it was the top half. And my down comforter was gone so I was shivering. I looked and there was Mouse, curled up between Bix and Quinn with the comforter in a ball under him. I’ve seen him do that so it didn’t surprise me at all.

My guess is he got warm and crawled out of the covers. Then he probably decided he’d be more cozy with the comforter beneath him. I’m sure my feet made it too lumpy so he moved me out of the way. Amazing, isn’t it, how a five pound cat can rearrange me in my sleep without me waking up?

The other boys were in their spots, playing possum, I’m sure. Probably just waiting for me to wake up and see what I had to say about this. Harry was next to my head, looking into my face, openly laughing at me. Yes, cats do smirk. If you don’t believe that, stop by sometime and mine will demonstrate.

So what did I do? Nothing. Mouse is showing his age these days. He was still asleep and looked very comfy so I didn’t have the heart to disturb him.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm...cats...not sure how to comment on this so I'll just say have a great day

Regina Carlysle said...

They are interesting creatures, aren't they? Hope Mouse is staying comfy and warm in the colder weather. And yes, cats DO smirk.

Molly Daniels said...

LOL:) I've never lost my covers to a cat, but I've been pushed off my pillow:)