Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday, Finally


When I sat down to write this I had intended to do two things. One, thank you all for the kindness and concern I’ve received over the last few days. I must say it’s a bit overwhelming but you’ve made me feel hugged and worthy.

The second thing I planned was an apology for my blogs being so heavy lately. But then I thought about it and changed my mind. Life isn’t always sunshine and butterflies. Frankly, I don’t even think it should be because then the good things wouldn’t mean as much.

Just to let you know, I am starting to feel better. I’ve be doing things to cheer myself up. How, you asked?

I surfed the net, checking out foreclosures in Maine. Found a few that are doable but I’ve decided it might be wisest to think on it for a week. I’m not quite as brave as the individual who emailed me about how he really did walk out on his entire life one Wednesday afternoon. His sabbatical lasted two and a half years and he says he doesn’t regret a bit of it. Hm, perhaps Wednesday’s the day for that sort of thing so I’ll wait until then to do anything.

I sent the link for my free read to a local radio host. I asked him to read it and added that, since I’m local he may have passed me on the street one day while I was picturing the events from my story within my mind. Yeah, that should preoccupy him the next time he’s doing a promo downtown. Maybe I’ll stop and introduce myself one day.

There was almost something else but I haven’t been able to locate the black pins required when using a voodoo doll. I don’t store them with the doll as I wouldn’t want to inadvertently injure someone if I happened to bump it and one stuck. There’s still one more place to check. If they’re not there it’s off to the local fabric store with me. I’ll let you know how it works.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Um, a voodoo doll... A few years ago I was very tempted to get one.

I hope you really are starting to feel better.

Regina Carlysle said...

You sound much better. I'm glad. When things are their darkest and we somehow manage crawl back from that, we learn we are SURVIVORS. I like the sound of that, don't you?

Sandra Cox said...

Hey, Ms. Barbara. Just wanted you to know I'm think about you.

Phoenix said...

Aw, hon. I've been offline for a few days, prescheduling blog posts but basically stranded in real life. I have felt like walking out sometimes. It's the fantasy. But if your perceptions are part of the problem in how you see things or interpret things, walking away does not good cause they are still with you.

Hugs darlin'. Talk anytime.