Sunday, June 29, 2008

I Was a Bad Teenager Too

Picture received from a MySpace friend in response to Saturday's blog.
I like it so I thought I'd share it with you.






Well, it's not shocking, but it might make you chuckle.

I grew up out in the middle of nowhere. The entire school district was rural except for the actual village that housed the school. I just checked and the population of the township, village included is still only 2600.

Yeah, not a whole heck of a lot to do there unless it was fair weekend. I'll tell you Oley fair stories some other time. Today, I want to share one of the activities my friends and I engaged in once the first of us began to drive.

Now you'll probably think this is lame but we got a kick out of it. And it was harmless for the most part, an inconvenience more than anything. We'd wait until after dark and then go rearrange real estate signs. See? I told you it wasn't all that big a deal. But think about it for a moment if you would.

Imagine coming out of your house in the morning and seeing a sign on the lawn. We always chose houses of kids we knew. Generally ones whose parents left for work earlier than the kid went out for the bus. We'd then individually corner them at some point during the day and ask why and when they were moving. Oh I should mention that we also tended to target the ones that we knew were overly paranoid.

Sounds like a worthwhile prank now, doesn't it? And just to make sure we never were suspected, we'd put a sign in one of our own yards now and then, to throw everyone off.

So, what did you and your friends do for fun when you had no money to actually go out and do something traditional?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Boy oh boy - it's all coming out now about you and your wild life. I was too angelic and sweet to do anything vaguely naughty...'making up for it now of course

Phoenix said...

Ooooh. I LIKE you! Tell us more. Tell us more!

Anny Cook said...

I didn't go "out" until after I was married... which is too late to do much pranking.