Friday, August 21, 2009

Just For Me


There was a storm today. It had been hot and too muggy to breathe when all of the sudden the sky got black. The wind started to whip and everyone outside went scurrying. I’ll never understand that one. My first reaction is to go outside. I want to be out there, playing in it, letting the power unleash around me.

The storm broke. There were sheets of rain flung about by the wind partly obscuring the building across the way. I heard constant rumbling thunder and couldn’t wait for the lightning to get here. Sadly, it never really did though I could smell the ozone. Watching the storm, even from inside energized me in a way that nothing else ever does.

I was feeling a little blah earlier and that was exactly what I needed. It was a present, conjured just for me. The only thing that would have made it absolutely perfect is if I could have been out in it instead of watching from the window. Still, it was damn good and I’m smiling again. Thank you!

No comments: