Thursday, August 13, 2009

Today

I walked through a rainbow
The magic soaked into my soul as the rain saturated my skin
Clouds above
Brilliant blue sky to the west
I stood in the sunbeam and breathed it in
Spellbound by its beauty.

And then I realized that once again I was standing in the middle of the street with people on a nearby porch watching me. Damn. Not the first time I’ve done that and I’m sure it won’t be the last. Hell, by now they should be used to me halting trance-like in the mist. Hey, at least I retained the fact that I was in a very public place and managed to keep my clothes on. Yeah, sometimes that one slips my mind.

Long before my hair dried I felt the effects kicking in. Like my kitties on catnip. It took all I had to control my giddy giggles this afternoon. I don’t know what it is about it but standing in the rain, even without the rainbow, does that to me.

I hope you have a good evening whatever you do. Me? I’m off to enjoy the residuals before they fade away completely.

1 comment:

Sandra Cox said...

Belated happy bday:) Hope the kitties treated you well. How's the newbie doing?