Monday, August 10, 2009

Odds & Ends


Nonsense alert. It’s too hot and humid to think for real.

The city painted over the graffiti under the Oley Street Bridge so I’m glad I was there when I was. I know it’s now a blank canvas again and therefore irresistible but I’m glad I got a close look at what was there.

I noticed new murals under the Schuylkill Avenue Bridge. Again done by local kids and pretty darn cool. I’ll have to go back and take some pics for you. No, before you ask, I do not hang out under local bridges. My travels naturally take me that way and I’m trying not to be completely unconscious to my surroundings as I so often am.

Do you know anyone like that? I get so involved in what’s going on within my mind that I will go right past people without even noticing them. I won’t remember how I got somewhere. Good thing Howie can navigate on his own. The last car would drive right by the end of my street without turning to take me home.

I woke up in the middle of the night to purring on my pillow. Kya finally discovered it’s soft and cushy there. She’s got a huge purr for such a little bit of a kitty. Of course as soon as I tickled her she had to walk across my face but that’s a kitten for you. That made Harry jealous so he had to come walk around on top of the rest of me. Which caused Kya hop off the bed. And that upset Quinn who is her self-appointed protector so he had to come investigate only to annoy Harry because Quinn is not permitted on his bed. Yep, went from purring to fur flying in about three minutes. So much for sleeping. Hopefully tonight will be better.

I’ve been watching the second season of Early Edition. Remember that show? A guy got the newspaper a day ahead of time and then ran all over Chicago saving people and changing the paper? Harmless fun. I only have a few episodes left and then I’ll have to wait for season three to come out. Hmm, what to watch in the mean time? I’ve been told I need to see True Blood but that could be too current for me. I do have some movies I’ve been meaning to watch. Maybe this would be a good time to dig into them. I’ll let you know if I see anything good.

Okay, going now. Stop cheering. I warned you up front this was total nonsense today. I wasn’t kidding. Stay cool. It’s going to be an awful week.

2 comments:

Anny Cook said...

Ugh. It's too hot to do anything... even breathe.

Regina Carlysle said...

I love the nonesense. Some days are just like that. The Kyle Chandler show sounds really good. Isn't it awful though to get hooked on something and then it's cancelled??? You'll love True Blood.