Monday, August 31, 2009

Stuff

My brother called the other day. When I answered the phone he not only identified himself by his full name but also as my brother. I had to fight really hard not to laugh. We don’t speak. Ever. But we do see each other at family functions a handful of times a year so I do recall his existence when I encounter him. I was so proud of myself for resisting the temptation to say “Who?”

While I was out and about over the weekend I noticed some trees that were starting to turn colors. Yay! I see that as a very good sign. I woke up this morning with the covers up to my nose and all the kitties in bed. Highly unusual especially since they weren’t attempting to kill each other. I think their toes were chilly. Kya’s turned out to be a morning snuggle bug. Cool. I’ll take waking up to soft purring any day rather than annoying alarm clock. Now to determine if she can tell time or not. My original cat, Taz could. I used to ask him to wake me at a certain time and he would. He was so consistent that I stopped setting the alarm clock altogether. I think it was because he hated the noise the alarm made too.

Today’s the first day of school for many local kids. I always used to love going back to school. I was one of the “good” kids which to me meant seeing how much I could get away with before someone realized it was me. Let’s just say it was a helluva lot and leave it at that, shall we? Yeah, it was a well-met challenge and I had a tremendous amount of fun. Never got caught either since I sat back and laughed while feigning all innocence and never told a soul I was involved in any way.

3 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

Beautiful pic. Glad Kya's a snuggler. I know you missed that.

Sommer Marsden said...

i am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo ready for fall i can't even begin to tell you. it was so nice today and chilly tonight i am damn near giddy!
xoxo
s

Regina Carlysle said...

That 'phone call' had me laughing. You soooo should've said...WHO?