Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Playing

It's my release day for Questing so I'm permitting myself to play. Therefore, you get a sample of my poetry. No, not the sad stuff. The other stuff. Mwahahaha!

Next?

If you are reading this
I must be dead
For it was tucked away
In the envelope marked
“Burial Instructions”.
As to that,
Dispose of me as you wish.
I’m dead.
What do I care what you do with me?
But before you do anything
Crack open my skull
And extract the device embedded in my brain.
View the holograms of my demise.
Know me in death as you never could in life.
Watch and learn who I really was
Not who you thought me to be.
See how I crept through the alleyways
Stalking those who preyed on the innocents among us.
I walked in the shadows
Waiting to scent the rising lust of a would-be slaughter.
Oh there was slaughter all right.
Just not the originally intended victims.
Not if I could help it.
And even after,
If I was too late,
There was added carnage before the night was through.
Always.
No, my deeds never made it to the public eye.
Why?
I was far too thorough for that.
When I was through there wasn’t enough left to identify the predators.
I made sure of it.
A pile of slush washed away in the next rain was all there ever was.
Sorry I can’t tell you how many kills I’ve made
How many hunts I’ve orchestrated.
At last count there were 342
But so much has happened since then
I couldn’t keep track of it all.
You’ll see when you watch.
I wonder who did me in.
Must have been some nasty fuck, that’s for sure.
Anything less didn’t stand a chance.
Talk amongst yourselves as you view my life’s work.
Study my technique.
Learn all you can.
Someone needs to step up and take my place.

No comments: