Friday, August 14, 2009

I Wish


I could write Haiku. Good Haiku that is. I get the pattern. I can string together words that fit. Just not good words.

Over the past few months I’ve been writing poetry again. Haven’t done that since high school. I’ve improved tremendously. Back then the things I wrote sucked really, really bad. Seriously bad as in I cringed reading it bad even though I was the one who wrote it. Now I only sorta suck. I have a half decent line now and then. Some of it I’ve even been brave enough to post on a site with real poets without total embarrassment. But I am the first to admit that I have a long, long way to go, if ever, before I’d ever label myself as a poet.

With the help of a friend’s amazing talent, I’ve also rediscovered my love for reading poetry. Lance Cheuvront. Remember that name, people for his writing is truly something to behold. I guarantee that he will come to be one of the best known poets of this era. Click here, peruse all the posts and I’m sure you’ll agree. Powerful words this man writes. He creates images like no other and takes readers right along wherever he decides to go. Go read. You’ll see what I mean. Leave him some comments so he knows you’ve visited.

Have a good weekend and write some bad Haiku for me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no oto
~Matsuo Bashô

old pond
frog leaping
splash

Regina Carlysle said...

Love haiku. Going to read Lance's poetry.

Anonymous said...

I'm off to read, too, B. Thanks for sharing.

Love poetry, can't write it unless I'm totally and utterly engrossed with emotion.

My mom can pop one out on toilet paper or a napkin. Kills me. lol

It's a talent for sure, and you know what, you have become very good at it, hon!
Hugs,
TT

Anonymous said...

Okay; here's what came out of my tired brain...Proof I've been watching too much Nickelodean with W...(I think the tune should be self-explanitory (cough) Spongebob (couch)...)


Are You Ready Readers? (Aye aye Captain!) I can’t heeeeaaaar youuuu! (AYE AYE CAPTAIN!)

Oooohhhh….

Who lives in Reading and writes sexy books?
Barbara Huffert!

Deal of a Lifetime, Linked and Chaos
Barbara Huffert!

Hot Rush, Drakes Rules and soon Questing too…
Barbara Huffert!

Total-E-Bound, CP and EC
Barbara Huffert!

Her books are good, her books so hot
Barbaraaaaaaa Hufferrrrrrrt!

Molly Daniels

barbara huffert said...

That's awesome Molly. I love it! Thank you.

Regina Carlysle said...

oooh. Very good, Molly.