Saturday, June 13, 2009

Celebrate!


My Penguins won the Stanley Cup last night. Come dance in the street with me!

What made it even better is a few minutes after the game I heard from an old friend who no longer lives in the area. Years ago I talked her into going to a Pens/Flyers game in Philadelphia. Naturally I wore something Penguin related, bold considering we were in enemy territory. As I recall there was some good-natured teasing that went on with some of those around us and I think I may have worried B a bit when the Pens scored but we had fun. We must have. She’s still talking to me even though she got out of Reading a long time ago. Thanks for the memories, B. It’s always wonderful to hear from you.

Today, while I was out and about, in my Penguins shirt of course, I stopped in to see J, my Flyers fan friend. Yes, I admit it. I went specifically to misbehave. I’m sure he expected it as I would have expected him to had his Flyers won the cup.

What did you do today?

2 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

Go PENS:) Woo Hoo!

Gave away two more of your sticky notes, AND several people actually picked up Bound Brits to look at it:)

Me? Sold 5 books:)

Sandra Cox said...

WooHoo!