Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's Good to Have Friends


I have a friend whose man does all my technological music stuff. You know, transferring cassettes to CD. That sort of thing. He’s so cool. He even takes the time to make me covers. I suspect that is more for my friend than me but that’s okay. I’m pleased to have them which makes her happy with him.

Works well. Or I should say it usually works well. Last time I saw him he gave me a cassette and CD that aren’t mine. I told my friend the next time we spoke, saying I’d drop it off soon. Fine, right? Um, nope. As it turns out my trying to do the right thing and return what isn’t mine caused major battles in their household. It seems he insists that it is mine.

I was on my way to visit the other day and mentioned it, not knowing about the argument, and was asked to just keep it. My friend didn’t feel up to round 14 just then. Alright. No problem. Didn’t want to aggravate things but I already had it in Howie and had other errands so I popped the cassette in as I was out and about.

Have you ever listened to Southern Culture on the Skids? The one I’ve taken possession of is Dirt Track Date and I have to tell you, some of the songs are worth listening to. Of course some of the others are too odd for words but isn’t that often the case, a song or two in every collection that’s a tad bizarre?

I’m sure whoever this really belongs to will eventually remember where they left it and I’ll have to return it but I think I’ll keep a copy. Now if only one of my friends would start dating a plumber.

2 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

Plumber, yes. That would be good. Have an excellent weekend.

Anny Cook said...

An electrician can sometimes be helpful, too.