Monday, March 10, 2008

Feeling Blah


It seems I'm stuck with the neverending illness. It's a tricky one this year. I start feeling better and think it's finally over only to have it regroup and hit me worse than before. I'm so tired of coughing I could scream only my throat hurts too much for that. I've taken to wearing multiple layers so I can strip and redress as needed because I'm having trouble figuring out if I'm hot or cold.

A little bit of advice for those of you lucky enough to not have experienced this first-hand. Avoid it at all costs! Wear surgical masks and rubber gloves. Clean suits. Live in the bubble if you have to. Trust me, you do not under any circumstances want to get this one.

Okay, going back to bed now. My cats have my spot nice and warm for me. They're so sweet. They take turns babysitting me. I think that's mainly to ensure that I'm still breathing since it's getting close to their dinner time but I'm pretending it's because they want me to stick around for reasons other than my opposable thumbs.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, you poor bugger...take care of yourself

Anonymous said...

Oh I had something like that a few years ago. Certainly takes the wind out of your sails. Don't know what to suggest other than rest, relaxation, vitamins, garlic, and hot lemon juice with honey and whiskey!

Although, after my recent experiences with said Whiskey .. I'd probably leave that out. LOL.

Brynn Paulin said...

I am so sorry...I hope you're feeling better soon.

Molly Daniels said...

I've been lucky. I haven't been laid low in a couple of years. People ask me if I've gotten a flu shot, and I say no, because catching the flu is my way of taking a 'vacation' from Mommy Duty. It didn't work this year, but Spring Break is coming up, and the kids will go to Grandma's. Just wish the hubby would go back to work at that time as well...

Hope you feel better sweetie:) Are you taking your vitamins? Chicken soup? Do I need to send my brocolli chedder by dogsled?

barbara huffert said...

Ooh yes please, send broccoli cheddar. But the dogsled won't make it all the way as there's no snow anywhere near here. I'm still living in the winter-free zone it seems.