Sunday, March 16, 2008

Why Is It?


No matter how hard I try I can only make a full kettle of soup? Seriously. I start out intending to only make half and then before I know it it's overflowing. I'm just one person, not an army. The freezer is full. My mom's freezer is full. Even the neighbors are tired of soup. But I keep making more. Granted homemade soup is the best and there's nothing better than the scent of it simmering all day but enough's enough.

Hm, anybody want to come for dinner? We're having tomato-based ham and bean with tiny bits of carrots and potatoes.

Update - My friend, Edie, was just here. Yes, I fed her some soup. But now, thanks to her, we have desert too...homemade Easter eggs!

Don't forget this is the last week for the Bound Brits contest. Click here for details.

5 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

I'll bring the broccoli chedder:) Oh, and daughter made some chocolate-chip muffins!

Brynn Paulin said...

Sounds like you might be eating a lot of soup :-)

Unknown said...

I always make lots of soup too and sure, set me a place I'll come on up

Bronwyn Green said...

I looooooooooooooove homemade soup. In fact, I think I'm going to put on a pot of split pea...

Phoenix said...

Hey Barb, I clicked on your contest link and it sent me to nowhere. :( Can't enter.

I don't like soup but I love to make soup. When I do make it, the extended family begs for it. Maybe make it less often? Although what you have there sounds pretty good. Never tried it before.