Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring


Tomorrow is the Vernal Equinox. The first day of Spring. This means different things to different people. What about you?

To me, it means spring flowers. I love the riot of color that seems to appear out of nowhere. There's a courtyard outside my window at work and I've been watching one of the daffodils. If it's sunny tomorrow it might just make it.

Spring also marks the beginning of migraine season. The temperature will soon be rising above 60 which is enough to make me hurt. Then it'll get humid which will make it even worse. Now isn't that something to look forward to?

One other thing about tomorrow...it's one of the two days you can easily balance eggs on end. The other is the Autumnal Equinox. If you've never done this, give it a try. It's so cool when it works. It's also a great way to entertain your kids and amaze your friends.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My God! I did not know that! I am off to balance an egg

Molly Daniels said...

Today is hubby's b-day, and am anxiously waiting for the call which normally sends him back to work!

Woke up with frost this morning. Damn groundhog...

Phoenix said...

I have never thought of the equinox to be honest. I don't understand it or think about it. Hmm.