Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I was a Bad Child


When I was a small child, either 4 or 5, my mother sent me off for a nap and decided on one for herself as well. Being me and determined, I waited for her to fall asleep and then snuck downstairs. We'd been to the grocery store earlier and brought home my cereal of the moment, Lucky Charms. I wanted to open them as soon as we got back to snitch some marshmallows. Of course the plan was vetoed.

Anyway, I found a baggy and picked all the marshmallows out of the cereal. I then put the box back in such a way that my mom wouldn't notice it had been opened. I hid the baggy in my room, to be snacked on later.

The next morning, I pretended to open the box for the first time. I poured cereal into my bowl and forced out some crocodile tears because there were no marshmallows. My mom was annoyed enough to take it back to the store and complain until they exchanged it for a brand new box. Yes, it was checked before leaving the store. You can imagine what a happy girl I was with colored sugar all over the house! Being truly shameless, I did this a second time about a year later - same results.

When I turned 30 I decided my parents were old enough to hear about some of my antics. This was the first confession I made. As you might expect, my mother was horrified.

More some other time...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh...you are bad...I always knew you belonged on the dark with me

Unknown said...

I love your mom. I can just imagine her properly annoyed with you for something you did as a child.

Tell her I haven't had a chance to make the cinnamon roll cake, but every time I read the recipie I drool a little.

Great story.

XoXoXo
Dakota

Molly Daniels said...

LOL:) I wish I'd thought of that when I was in my Lucky Charms phase!

Unknown said...

BTW...breakfast cereal with marshmallows in it? Sounds pukeable

barbara huffert said...

You've never had Lucky Charms AJ? Oz isn't that isolated. How'd you miss them? I have more...you're going to think I'm really bad soon.

Lol, D. I think my mom would have made me go apologize to the grocery store lady if she'd still been alive. You should have heard her when I mentioned I was going to reveal this transgression.