Saturday, March 22, 2008

Saturday This & That


I did some research today and made my decision. Yep, Direct TV it is...for less than half the price. There's still not going to be anything much to watch other than the few shows I like but I'll have them plus the Hallmark channel which has an occasional good movie. It's being installed next Saturday during a time slot that is actually convenient for me.

Funny, Spring began Thursday. All winter I've been complaining about the lack of snow in Reading. You guessed it. I woke up today to big, fat, fluffy flakes. The really pretty ones. Oh, it didn't lay. It could have though. One of the worst snowstorms I remember as a kid was on an early Easter. Our car wouldn't make it up the last hill before home. No big deal. It rarely did and our wonderful neighbors never minded my dad leaving it in their driveway. That day I remember hiking the equivalent of a few blocks to our house and the snow blowing like heck, stinging my face. It was deep enough to cover the tops of my boots. As the storm was unexpected, in the days before the Weather Channel, I had on my Easter dress, no tights. Talk about cold! What made it worse was that since it was so nasty I had to leave my Easter basket from my grandmother, where we had been, in the car and all my candy froze. It's just not the same after that, or it wasn't to seven year old me.

Yesterday, in the car, I got a nice chunk of writing accomplished. I'm working on something I'm calling Beyond Meddling. I've been struggling because the grumpy ghost in it has been too busy muttering to do much narrating as he's supposed to. He's finally taken pity on me and has decided to be helpful instead of conterproductive so back to work for me.

What are you up to today?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You have to pay for 'direct TV'? I would have thought that was free...or maybe it means something completely different to what we have here. Is it no normal free to air TV that the netweorks provide?

Courtney said...

Way to tell the cable company where to stick it! I'm glad your day is being a lot more productive than mine. Granted, yesterday was great, I really sliced and diced that shark. ;) And then went out and had sushi with a funny guy who didn't mind that I came out of lab smelling like formaldehyde. Small wonders...

Keep me posted with how the new book's coming! The puppies say hi.

Molly Daniels said...

I sent that snow just for you:) Glad it finally arrived!

Happy Easter, sweetie:)

Phoenix said...

Glad you got your snow, Barb, and your tv solution. I'll be sure to watch more just for you.