Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hmm...


I've suspected it for some time now. Yes, I'm certain of it. There's something wrong with me. Something that has me feeling way off kilter. And I have no idea what to do about it. When I tell you you're going to shake your head at me and mutter what the?

You see, the problem is I've stopped reading. I want to. I have oddles of wonderful books just waiting for me to get over this. I even pick one up now and then. I open it or pull an ebook up on my screen. Yes, I have scads of new ebooks too. So I'm still interested. I'm just not reading anything.

Ever have this happen to you? How did you get over it? I know. You're thinking what is wrong with this ninny? Stop yammering and just read something. Not that easy and I really don't have the slightest idea why. It just isn't.

Up until about two months ago I read constantly, at least six books a week. And then, nothing. I didn't read anything bad or boring that turned me off. It's as if books aren't my friends right now and that really hurts. I feel like I've lost something vital. I've never been without books before. It's horrible, trust me.

Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You know what? You'll read when you want to. Let it go, be calm, be peaceful amd let the force be with you, nanoo nanoo

Molly Daniels said...

Ah HA! Caught you reading... I went back and looked at the comments from yesterday! See? Maybe you just needed a short respite:)

Start with the paper. The DVD movie descriptions. Work your way slooooowly back up to reading more than 10 pages in one sitting. You'll get that talent back:)

Bronwyn Green said...

Also, you may want to do something you do usually do. When I get burned out with one hobby, I switch to another. Draw a picture, bead a bracelet, make a pie...you get the picture. :)

Bronwyn Green said...

Also, you may want to do something you do usually do. When I get burned out with one hobby, I switch to another. Draw a picture, bead a bracelet, make a pie...you get the picture. :)

Anonymous said...

Funny. I've been going through the same thing! I've got a few e-books there waiting and I almost have to force myself to open them up. I think it could be something to do with the computer. I don't relax when I'm at the computer reading - possibly because too many blogs and forums are only a click away LOL! No, I don't have an e-reader. Something I really must remedy very soon.

barbara huffert said...

I have no trouble reading short things. It's just long ones that throw me. I can still write which amazes me but it's torture to go back and try to edit something.