Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Quandry


Why is it they can invent a gizmo to tell you when your chicken is roasted but not a way to let you know your popcorn has reached optimum readiness?

Seriously can't someone come up with something?

Yes, there is a button on my microwave specifically for popcorn. Fine only it doesn't take into account differences in bag size. The bags are no help either. Pops in 1 to 3 minutes. Could it be any more vague? How about the ones that tell you to listen for the last pop? Um, how do I know it's the last pop before the bag bursts into flames?

In case you're wondering, yes I was hungry for popcorn today. And yes, I burned it. Again. Is there anything worse than that lingering burnt popcorn smell? Oh well, time for more cold medicine.

3 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

You could smell it?? Yay...you're on the road to recovery when that sense of smell returns!

No specific button on mine...I just know the bag usually takes 3 mins, 30 seconds to completely pop to perfection.

Unknown said...

I never burn popcorn. I just chuck it in the zapper, punch out 3 minutes on the keypad thingy and voila! Popcorn appears as if my magic. Go 3 minutes...burnt popcron is just wrong

Anonymous said...

LMAO!!! OMG this has happened to me so many times. Now I've bought myself a popcorn maker. It's cheaper and there's less burnage!

Believe me I've had some smokers (as in really smouldering). Doesn't smell good. However, I guess the upside is that you may have some hunky firemen turn up on your doorstep ;)