Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Aggravation


This is not my week.

First, I received a letter in the mail informing me the doctor I oh so carefully chose is leaving the practice. I don't know why nor do I know where she is going.

Then today I turned on my phone only to discover that the woman who cuts my hair is leaving the salon I go to. Again, I chose her carefully and for a very specific reason.

What are these careful and specific reasons, you wonder? Other than the obvious qualifications, I went by location and age. I want convenience and I want someone who has good odds of being around longer than I am. Hey, I'm busy and I'm tired and I just don't feel like running all over the place any more. Is that so wrong?

I spoke with my hair lady. Her reason is very valid. She's opening a shop with her sister. All the way over on the other side of town. Not impossible but very user-friendly either. I asked about pricing. It's equivalent so not an issue. But I don't ever get to that part of Reading. She said she'd love to see me again but she'd understand if I switched to one of the other ladies in her former location. Hm, very likely I will since it's less than a quarter of a block from my house.

I will be calling my doctor to find out where she's going tomorrow. I had jury duty so I didn't have the chance to do that today. With my luck I'm sure she's relocating to East Timbuktu and I'll be forced to start the whole new doctor finding process all over again.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for change but sometimes it sure can be a damn nuisance.

3 comments:

Regina Carlysle said...

Change is a pain in the butt! But losing a hairdresser and doctor in one fell swoop is just too much. Pass Barb some chocolate. She needs it.

Unknown said...

I understand completely. My doctor - Fairy Floss - has been seeing me for 20 years. The hairdresser I have now is okay but I really liked Brooke and she left...oh the trials and the tribulations...

Molly Daniels said...

I'm about to piss off the hubby. My dr is moving 1/2 hour NORTH of where he currently is, in order to be closer to his family. Since I've been going to him for 16 years, and have finally 'trained' him to diagnose my sinus problems over the phone (to a certain extent, anyway!), I'm not giving him up. Esp with moving into The Change, and I want someone who already knows my history.

Why is this so much of an issue? We moved 2 hours SOUTH two years ago. Yup...I only see him once a year now, and if we can schedule it in. I take the kids to a local doc, but I want my OWN dr! So I'm having my records transferred when he leaves next week. I've teased him for the past 5 years about moving with me...but he keeps going in the opposite direction!

And no, he's not trying to get rid of me...we have the honor of being his 1st patiants as a 'real Doctor'. We 'clicked' personality-wise the first time we met. Those types don't come along every day!