Sunday, November 9, 2008

Recharged


Aren't friends the best?

I was supposed to have dinner with Riley and her husband on Friday night. They were swinging by to pick me up since they were already out and about. When I opened the car door, Riley announced she had a surprise for me. Neeley was with them! Yay!!! After last week it was exactly what I needed. Not that an evening with Riley and her husband alone wouldn't have been fun. They always are but having Neeley there too made it even more so. [A note just for that other child who reads this now and then - When are you coming home to see me? I need snickerdoodles before you're off on your big adventure! And I better hear from you while you're away.]

Then yesterday I spent much of the afternoon with Eva May and her family. It never fails to leave me smiling, hanging out with that crew. What a truly wonderful bunch of individuals they are!

Today I'm home, doing my weekend chores but that's okay. I'll be on-line in while I'm doing them. I'm sure to find my cyber friends at some point so I'll have company. Laundry's not so bad when you're catching up with what's going on around the world.

Yep, friends are the best and life is good.

6 comments:

Anny Cook said...

Time with friends is cool!

Regina Carlysle said...

Sigh. I looooove my friends. They keep me sane and happy.

Molly Daniels said...

Yay for good friends!

Bronwyn Green said...

I'm so glad you had such a lovely time - you deserve some fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'll be home for Thanksgiving weekend (Tuesday night-Sunday) and I'm craving Snickerdoodles, too. So you should come over. I don't quite know what mom has planned for the weekend but we can figure something out. :)

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're coming home! The boy and I might swing through - maaaaaybe - on Friday.

Barb, it was really good to see you on Friday. =)