Sunday, November 30, 2008

Evil Genes


Last night when I was up pondering the meaning of life in the wee hours, I stumbled across a radio talk show. The topic, a book, Evil Genes: Why Rome Fell, Hitler Rose, Enron Failed, and My Sister Stole My Mother's Boyfriend by Barbara Oakley.

The premise of the book, or so it seemed at 3 AM, is that there is a genetic coding that causes individuals to be evil. From what I gathered it's written from a personal point of view, part memior due to her own sister's behavior, part scientific study. Interesting, yes? To me it is so this morning I hopped on Amazon and ordered it. Yes, I know. I'm fascinated by the oddest things.

6 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

Sounds pretty interesting. Let me know what you think of it. How are you doing?

Regina Carlysle said...

Ah. Sounds like that old environment vs. genetics arguement except they've decided it's a genetic thing after all. Interesting. You do the strangest things at three in the morning, honey.

Unknown said...

Everyone can be evil - it depends on the strength of thier character

Anny Cook said...

And choices. The choices we make...

Unknown said...

You weren't listening to Coast to Coast, were you? They talk about the strangest things in the wee hours of the night.

barbara huffert said...

Yep, it was Coast to Coast. Don't you love that show? You never know what they'll come up with next.