Saturday, November 22, 2008

Oh Well


I meant to tell you all about the cool place I had lunch yesterday, Blind Hartman's Tavern. Unfortunately I've temporarily misplaced the menu I was given which had the bit of history I want to include so that will have to wait until tomorrow after I find it.

Instead you get to hear how Harry and I finally watched the Shrek trilogy. Yes, I know it's been around for years. We're a little behind the times at my house. I can't tell you which character it was that drew Harry but he curled up with me all for all three movies which is not his norm so it must have been something he heard that inspired him.

Lucky for me that I have friends with kids who only laugh a little when I ask to borrow their movies. Overall, I enjoyed watching them although I'm not sure they're really kids' movies. I suppose these are like many Disney movies with cute things for kids and then lots of stuff that adults get and kids don't without realizing it until they watch them again years later. Have you noticed that? Or haven't you ever gone back and watched movies you saw as a kid only to discover they were completely different from an adult perspective?

Yeah, I'm rambling about nothing and doing in very badly so I'll spare you any further nonsense. Perhaps I should have had the sangria I intend later before writing this. Or maybe you should have had it. Oh I know, we all should have, then this would seem brilliantly clever. It's all in the perception of the moment...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, the Shrek movies are pretty funny. Did you get them from my mom or my aunt? ;)

Now we might be coming back Saturday? I don't know yet. Will keep you posted.

Molly Daniels said...

I did that with the Little House books and TV show!

Unknown said...

Never understood the whole Shrek thing but then cartoons never did much for me.

Unknown said...

I am sooooo grateful when cartoon movie makers make them fun for adults too or I might have to commit Hari Kari if I were to sit through 2 hours of mindless cartoons.

I so love Mulan, that I watched it so many times that the kids actually begged me to give it a break.

I absolutely loved Shrek and Shrek 2 but Shrek 3 sucked eggs. IMHO

Regina Carlysle said...

The Shrek movies are so damn clever. I've seen them all and own two of them. Haven't picked up Shrek the Third yet but it's really cute.