Monday, November 10, 2008

Opinion Please


My office mate and I were having a discussion today and don’t see eye to eye at all on this one…

Musicals.

I love them. She, on the other hand, absolutely abhors the breaking out into song in the middle of things. Which of course is now my mission in life to do just that on days when I wish to be as annoying as possible. I might even go so far as to invent my own songs, just for her.

Something I rarely admit to is that I did, at one point in my young life, have voice lessons so I actually can sing. Not that I’d choose to carry a tune while serenading her. What fun would that be?

Perhaps, I’ll go one step further and do a little jig for her too. Yes, I can see it now. Won’t that make our days at work just fly by? And no, I won’t tell you where we work so you can come peer in the windows.

6 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens..."

Excuse me while I break into song here...

And weren't you singing 'I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair..." about this time last year?

I take it she'll never see Mama Mia?

Unknown said...

Yay! i can comment - actually already commented on your Myspace - but g'day

Anny Cook said...

Sigh. I like some. Others I don't. Favorite was Camelot. Sigh. Lancelot was soooo pretty.

Anonymous said...

Um, yeah. Stay away from me. I hate musicals.

Regina Carlysle said...

Love EM!!!!! Current fave is Enchanted. If you haven't seen that Barb, you must. Disney and Fun. Took daughter to see Chicago when it rolled into town and we had to immediately come home and put the movie on. The men in the family roll their eyes at us but I just don't care. They are so happy and beautiful.

Regina Carlysle said...

Oh, Mamma Mia comes to DVD on Dec. 16. I'll be in line to buy it. The singing wasn't great but that wasn't the point. It was sooo fun to watch.