Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sooner or Later


I’m going to catch whoever it is that’s sneaking into my kitchen and leaving all that odd food in my cabinets. The latest is a package of instant microwave chickpea curry. The picture is not at all appealing so I have no idea why anyone would ever buy it. I like chick peas and I like curries so in theory it could be good. I know a man who loves to cook. I bet he could whip up some that would be amazing but instant? Um, I somehow don’t think so.

Right behind that there’s a box of kosher potato pancake mix. What the? Where the hell did that come from? Who in their right mind needs a mix for that?

The other day I found a jar of peanut butter. Peanut butter! And it was opened. I don’t eat peanut butter. I asked the cats just who they were letting into the house when I’m not home but of course I got that look only cats can give.

In the refrigerator there are nine different flavors of mustard, also all open. That’s okay, I like mustards. The only problem is I have no recollection of eating any of them, nor do I have anything that you might want to put mustard on.

There’s a box of fish sticks in the freezer. I didn’t eat them as a kid. I’m certainly not going to start now. Or maybe I have. Maybe I’ve lost my mind and have a whole other life I don’t know about that includes eating strange things or having an assortment of people into my home. Maybe, instead of setting up the video camera to see what the cats are getting up to during the day, I need it to watch myself.

Curiouser and curiouser…

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I went through a stage years ago where I kept buying jars of tartare sauce...not sure why - it was just in my mind to buy as someone had used the last of it -and I rarely use a shopping list so I would think 'hmmm...now what do I need to buy? Oh, that's right - tartare sauce.'

Unknown said...

I'll take the jar of peanut butter off your hands, so long as it's not the chunky stuff. ;) Just got back from shadowing the ob-gyn, I actually got to see a C-section this time! Hmm... wonder if that is what I will end up doing...

Molly Daniels said...

(Hangs head) Okay...you caught me. I've been teleporting in, lol:) Although...the fish sticks aren't mine. Someone else must also be secretly visiting you.

Regina Carlysle said...

I'm betting on Alien Invasion! That's it. I currently have six brand new bottles of cocktail sauce. Hmm. What the hell was I thinking?