Monday, November 3, 2008

We Interrupt...


…your regularly scheduled blog for a rant.

Health Insurance – Don’t you just hate it?

They can turn even the simplest of things into a major production. Have you noticed that lately? I swear it’s all a plot to avoid paying for anything. But what they don’t realize is that sooner or later it’s going to catch up to them.

What am I on about? Yes, it would be nice if I told you, wouldn’t it? Then you could share my outrage instead of just thinking I’ve lost my mind which I’m sure is going to happen long before this is sorted out.

I had my follow up appointment with my neurologist to discuss how the topamax was working to control my migraines. Sounds perfectly reasonable, doesn’t it? I thought so. Ha! Apparently not to the insurance industry. Nope, they saw it as seeking treatment for a pre-existing condition which is, for whatever reason that is only logical to those in their profession, a big no no. Dumbest damned thing I ever heard of.

So now I’ve forwarded all my paperwork to the parent company where I work for them to deal with the insurance company. In the meantime however, I am going to start getting past due notices from my doctor’s office which will really upset me. If it goes on long enough I will require therapy which, in the end is going to cost them a lot more than just paying the initial bill for my follow up visit would have.

Add on all the paper that’s flying around in a time when we’re supposed to be working towards living greener in any way we can and the insurance people are just not at all likeable right now.

We now resume your regular blog.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been real lucky with health insurance - seems like - from what you have said - you have a real weird arsed system over there.

Molly Daniels said...

I hate their 'pre-existing conditions' BS...if we have to switch health insurance, my hubby's heart condition is no longer covered. Stupidist thing they ever did was create that line that means they don't have to cover potentially fatal illnesses.

Right there with you. Rant away!

Regina Carlysle said...

Our premiums just went waaay up. Got the good news a couple of days ago. Ridiculous. Scavengers. Blood Suckers! Need I say more????

Anny Cook said...

I'm wading through all that crap now. Off with their heads!